We will be closed for Spring Break on Thursday, March 1st and Friday, March 2nd.
We will be closed Tuesday, December 19th-Monday, January 1st for Holiday Break. Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season!
We will be closed Wednesday, November 22nd through Friday, November 24th for Thanksgiving Break. We wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend!
Brenau Galleries will be closed on Thursday, October 19th, and Friday, October 20th for Fall Break. The galleries will re-open on Monday, October 23rd.
Sunday, November 5th, 1-4 p.m.
Sellars Gallery and Presidents Gallery
This event offers visitors a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in Brenau’s galleries, which are typically open only on weekdays. All visitors will be entered into a raffle to win four free passes the the High Museum of Art. Free and open to the public. Information: 770.534.6263
Wednesday, November 15th, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Join us for yoga in Sellars Gallery surrounded by the lovely landscapes of painter Ying Li. Emilie Cook, of Find Your Center Yoga, will lead this free class. Please bring your own mat. Limited space is available. To register, contact Allison Lauricella at 770.534.6263 or at email@example.com.
Join us for an evening with artist Ying Li, whose painting are featured in “Expanded Geographies”, on display through November 16th in Simmons Visual Arts Center’s Sellars Gallery. Li will speak about her work from 5:15-6:00, and a reception will follow from 6:00-7:00 on Monday, November 13th. Li captures experiences with place and time in her gestural paintings, and the current exhibit features landscapes from Colorado, New York, Switzerland, and the trees and oceans in between. Free and open to the public. Information: 770.534.6263 or visit galleries.brenau.edu.
All Brenau University students, regardless of major, are invited to submit artwork for consideration for the 2018 Student Exhibition at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. The exhibition will run Monday, January 8th through Sunday, February 11th in the Greene Family Education Center.
To be considered, work must be dropped off in Room 310 in the Burd Center on either Monday, December 4th or Tuesday, December 5th. All works must have a completed entry form (provided at the time of drop-off) securely attached to the back of the piece. All works must arrive by 5 p.m. on December 5th.
Appropriate works for submission include works created in a design class, such as fashion, graphic or interior design. Two-dimensional and three-dimensional projects as well as design renderings, design process sketches, conceptual development and inspiration boards are also appropriate. Works of fine art, such as painting, sculpture, ceramics, etc. may also be submitted.
- Work submitted must have been completed while a student at Brenau. Work should be current, completed in the past year, and never exhibited in a previous Brenau Student Exhibit.
- Works on paper, must be matted or securely backed with a foam board or a similarly rigid backing. Banners (such as those used in interior design projects 3’ x 5’ +/-) do not have to be mounted on foam core. However, push pins will therefore be used to hang those works.
- All mounted works must have clean and straight edges. The backing must be the same size as the piece, leaving no overhanging edges. All mounted works must have a hanging device attached to the back. Works on foam core may pinned to the wall. (For artworks with special requirements, please see the assistant gallery director or leave clearly written instructions).
- Garments submitted must be on display forms. See Professor Lori Gann-Smith for further information.
- Fill out completely an entry form for each work and securely attach to your work. If your work includes multiple pieces, label each piece and indicate such on each form. Entry forms will provided by the galleries. The gallery staff will print and install your final label.
- Draw an arrow indicating which side is “up” on the back of 2-D pieces.
For more information about the Student Show please consult with the gallery:
Assistant Gallery Director
770-534-6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick-Up for Unselected Works
Unselected work, which will be set in a designated area in Room 310 in the Burd Center, must be picked by Friday, January 12th. The galleries will not be responsible for loss or damage of works left behind.
End of the Exhibit Pickup
Artwork must to be claimed between Wednesday, February 21st– Friday, February 23rd, in the designated area in the Art and Design Hallway. After February 23rd, the gallery is not responsible for storage, loss or damage.
Brenau University Galleries will re-open on Thursday, September 14th, after being closed for three days due to damage and power outages resulting from Hurricane Irma. The opening reception for “Expanded Geographies” will be from 5:30-7:00 p.m. in Sellars Gallery, as planned. Unfortunately, due to weather-related travel concerns, artist Ying Li will not be present for the event. Stay tuned for information on a future program with her.
Sellars Gallery will have adjusted hours the week of Monday, July 10th-Thursday, July 13th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Monday, July 10th—10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 11th— CLOSED
Wednesday, July 12th, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 13th—10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.