Call for Entries: Student Exhibit at the High Museum of Art
All Brenau University students, regardless of major, are invited to submit artwork for consideration for the 2018 Student Exhibition at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. The exhibition will run Monday, January 8th through Sunday, February 11th in the Greene Family Education Center.
To be considered, work must be dropped off in Room 310 in the Burd Center on either Monday, December 4th or Tuesday, December 5th. All works must have a completed entry form (provided at the time of drop-off) securely attached to the back of the piece. All works must arrive by 5 p.m. on December 5th.
Appropriate works for submission include works created in a design class, such as fashion, graphic or interior design. Two-dimensional and three-dimensional projects as well as design renderings, design process sketches, conceptual development and inspiration boards are also appropriate. Works of fine art, such as painting, sculpture, ceramics, etc. may also be submitted.
- Work submitted must have been completed while a student at Brenau. Work should be current, completed in the past year, and never exhibited in a previous Brenau Student Exhibit.
- Works on paper, must be matted or securely backed with a foam board or a similarly rigid backing. Banners (such as those used in interior design projects 3’ x 5’ +/-) do not have to be mounted on foam core. However, push pins will therefore be used to hang those works.
- All mounted works must have clean and straight edges. The backing must be the same size as the piece, leaving no overhanging edges. All mounted works must have a hanging device attached to the back. Works on foam core may pinned to the wall. (For artworks with special requirements, please see the assistant gallery director or leave clearly written instructions).
- Garments submitted must be on display forms. See Professor Lori Gann-Smith for further information.
- Fill out completely an entry form for each work and securely attach to your work. If your work includes multiple pieces, label each piece and indicate such on each form. Entry forms will provided by the galleries. The gallery staff will print and install your final label.
- Draw an arrow indicating which side is “up” on the back of 2-D pieces.
For more information about the Student Show please consult with the gallery:
Assistant Gallery Director
770-534-6263 or email@example.com
Pick-Up for Unselected Works
Unselected work, which will be set in a designated area in Room 310 in the Burd Center, must be picked by Friday, January 12th. The galleries will not be responsible for loss or damage of works left behind.
End of the Exhibit Pickup
Artwork must to be claimed between Wednesday, February 21st– Friday, February 23rd, in the designated area in the Art and Design Hallway. After February 23rd, the gallery is not responsible for storage, loss or damage.